*Cauliflower* Don’t get me wrong, following a low carb, high fat plan isn’t bad. I mean I’ll take the daily butter in my bullet proof coffee, bacon with my eggs and avocado with… everything. But sometimes a girl just wants some bread!
On days like this I try to find something to cure my savory carb-cravings so I don’t give in to the real deal. Enter cauliflower rolls…. the simplest ‘bread’ you’ll ever attempt to make.
Seriously, this recipe only has a handful of ingredients. Doesn’t require yeast to rise or to set overnight. Under 40 minutes and you’ll have light and delicious rolls that’ll even fool your kids into eating their veggies!
Paleo Cauliflower ‘Everything’ Rolls
- 1 head organic cauliflower, riced (3-4 cups)
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp fine almond flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Trader Joe’s ‘Everything But The Bagel’ Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rice fresh cauliflower in a food processor. I find it easier to do in small batches at a time. Pulse until it reaches a ‘rice’ consistency.
- Add riced cauliflower to a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the ‘Everything But The Bagel’ seasoning to the bowl with the riced cauliflower. Mix until well combined.
- Form compact balls with the cauliflower mixture, about the size of your palm.
- Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Top the rolls with plenty of Everything Seasoning and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove rolls from oven, let cool. Spread rolls with plenty of grass-fed butter and serve warm!